Hunter Insurance Services specializes in providing the best insurance protection for contractors. Like any good Contractor Insurance coverage, a Commercial Auto Insurance policy helps eliminates worries when your vehicles are on the road.


Commercial Auto Insurance

Most states require minimum limits to legally operate a vehicle. As an example, California requires $15,000 per person for bodily injury liability coverage, and $30,000 per accident. $5,000 per accident for Property Damage Liability coverage is the minimum requirement in California. While having minimum insurance will get you on the road, Hunter Insurance can evaluate your situation and match you with insurance plan that ensures your assets are adequately protected.

Liability Insurance

The fundamental part of a Commercial Auto Insurance policy is the Liability coverage, because it is required in California. In regards to an accident, if you are found at fault, Liability Insurance will pay legal fees and damages to third parties in the accident. Lost wages and medical bills would be classified as bodily injury expenses. Commercial Auto Insurance could benefit your business by having less exposure to a lawsuit arising from an auto accident.

Comprehensive & Collision Coverages

Collision coverage covers most of the repair cost if you are at fault in an accident. You are usually paid by the insurance company, some cash value of your car, which doesn’t always equal the cost to replace the car. Adding Collision to your policy can be quite expensive. Choosing a higher deductible can get your premiums lower, but that higher deductible must be paid before insurance steps in to cover the rest. Sometimes, a vehicle can be totaled, if the cost to fix the damage exceeds the cost of replacement.


Fire, theft, natural disasters, and even vandalism fall under the umbrella of Comprehensive Insurance coverage. A smart insurance carrier like Hunter Insurance can shop around to find a company that could cover the entire value of your car from any of the aforementioned accidents. Knowing a realistic value of your vehicle can help you understand it might be worth after an accident. Checking with NADA (National Automotive Dealers Association) or the KBB (Kelly Blue Book) are the most common sites for valuing an automobile. Adding a Comprehensive Coverage plan is advised if your vehicle is worth more than you are currently paying for basic coverage, so older vehicles won’t need this.

Medical Payments

After an accident, MedPay can help to cover the medical costs of you and other passengers. Whether you are driving your vehicle or someone else’s vehicle, or even if you and your family are pedestrians, MedPay covers the expenses – regardless of fault. If another party is deemed liable, the auto insurance company may look to recover costs associated from the accident from the party responsible.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage

If an accident happens where someone does not have insurance strikes you, or even a hit-and-run, Uninsured Motorists (UM) auto insurance coverage pays for your medical bills. Uninsured Motorist coverage is required in California. This coverage usually costs less than $4 a month for $100,000 of coverage, on average, and should cover anything not covered by basic medical insurance.

Hunter Insurance Services works with a wide range of contractors, from those looking to add onto a policy, all the way to full fleet coverage. Call us at 855.280.8262 or complete the form at the top of this page for your free Commercial Auto Insurance quote.